Moores Chartered Surveyors
Moores traces its roots back to Henry Joseph Moore (1905-1982), a gentleman farmer, banker and property owner in County Fermanagh, Ireland. Born on the family farm in rural Derry, Harry settled in Lisnaskea where he was the manager of Ulster Bank although his real interest was in property. As early as the 1935 he was regularly quoted as saying that property was the way forward.
As a landowning farmer, Harry took an active interest in the management of this aspect of his life. This included the purchase of an island within Lough Erne where, in 1959 Harry planted trees to sell as telegraph poles! He also took steps elsewhere to optimise the value of his land holding. This work has been continued by his son, Stuart Moore, who lives on and works the estate to this day. Moores was established in 2011 by Richard Edward Moore Winder, Harry’s grandson, through the amalgamation of existing businesses in Surrey and The New Forest. Richard qualified in land management in 1987 from Reading University and then spent 12 years in central London working with Pepper Angliss & Yarwood, Allsop & Co, Frogmore Estates Plc. and Taylor Woodrow Plc.
Richard established a surveying practice in Surrey in 2000, and following a family move to the New Forest in 2006 a second office was opened covering Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset. The practice has now been amalgamated under the Moores banner in honour of his late grandfather. As well as carrying out general practice survey work for private property owners Moores are proud to work for large international organisations such as HSBC, UBS (AG) and Ernst & Young, The National Trust, Zurich Bank as well as a number of international private clients including Premiership Footballers and Private Equity Investors.
Areas of specialism include Surveys, Project Management, Snagging, Planned Maintenance, Distressed Assets, Lease Extension & Freehold Enfranchisement.
Why should you use Moores Prime?
- Established, Experienced firm of Property Professionals with Strong local knowledge.
- We are a family business & offer a personalised service.
- We survive on word of mouth recommendation & repeat business.
- We specialise in London & Surrey.
- We communicate and pride ourselves in our after sales service.
- We offer a reliable service with realistic turnaround times.
- Broad based experience within property.
- All surveyors RICS qualified.
- We are RICS Regulated.
- We are independent and will not try to sell you anything other than carefully considered, no-nonsense, property advice.